My name is Dickon Stone. I am a British artist based in Berlin.

Whilst using moths to sequence beats in the early stages of another project (http://www.bugboxdrummachine.com), I found myself so inspired by the process of working in collaboration with insects that I decided it might be fascinating to enlist their involvement in the making of a melodic element to stand alongside the moth-led rhythms.

This blog recounts the journey I undertook in attempting to do so. From teaming up with the Berlin Summt biodiversity initiative and a portion of Berlin's bee keeping community, to learning to keep bees myself and customising a traditional Indian sitar to accommodate them and take recordings.

Tuesday 6 December 2011

BEE FREQUENCIES

Mostly a note to self:

250Hz Worker Bee
190Hz Drone
140Hz Fanning Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment